The Caleva Spheronizer 700 Twin
A Continious Production Spheronizer
for Spheronizing Pharmaceutical
Designed for continuous production applications,
the unit provides a dual drum spheronizing
facility. Two contra rotating drums
are auto sequenced to continuously load, spheronize
and discharge the product.
Optional accessories include full PLC control,
automated batch weighing/loading, drum
heating/cooling, and inverter drive for fully
automatic speed control. Specifications allow the
Spheronizer 700 and 700T to run continually for 24
hours per day. A pneumatic hoist is built into the
units to enable easy lifting of the spheronizing
discs for cleaning and maintenance.
Typical batch weight can vary from 5kg to 25kg per
spheronizer drum. Productivity per hour will vary
depending on the required process time which, in
turn, will depend on the characteristics of the
material and the required quality of the spheroids
that are produced.
The application shown above has full automation
capabilities, utilizing 21 CFR Part 11 compliant
software and GAMP4 documentation. It integrates a
conveyor infeed to a Caleva Extruder 100, calibrated
batch collection hoppers and an automated Caleva
Spheronizer 700 Twin.
Storage & Retrieval
of Recipes, Process
- Designed for the production of smooth, regular
spheroids of material.
- All contact parts in 316 stainless steel or
- Cabinet in 304 Stainless Steel.
- Two contra rotating drums are auto sequenced to
continuously load, spheronize and discharge the
- Special features to meet individual
- Can be supplied with integrated Caleva
extruders or extruders produced by others
- A full automation package is available for
bringing the batch process close to a continuous
process, integrating extruder infeed and speed,
batching of the extrudate, and automation of
- It integrates a conveyor infeed to a Caleva
Extruder 100, calibrated batch collection
hoppers and an automated Caleva Spheronizer 700
- Production can be greater than 600kg per
hour, depending on product
Several There are a number of options available
to suit the requirements of your application. Please
discuss your project with us so we can determine which options are suitable for
The options available are:
- Heating/Cooling jacket on drum.
- Alternative discs.
- PTFE/FEP anti stick coating (FDA approved
materials) for discs, drums.
- Explosion-Proof design.
- Manual loading hoppers and loading hoppers
with PLC control.
- Proximity detector to prevent operation if no
collection bin in place.
- Full Allen Bradley PLC and
Wonderware® based control and
monitoring system, 21 CFR Part 11 compliant.
- Custom integration with your plant's MES/MRP
Copyright © 2008 AC Compacting LLC