The Caleva Spheronizer 500
A Production or Pilot Plant Spheronizer
for Spheronizing Pharmaceutical
The Spheronizer 500 is a floor standing
production Spheronizer that
can be customized to your requirements. This model is
designed for large scale experimental use and small
quantity batch production. The pharma Spheronizer 500
is a size step upwards from the Spheronizer
380. An increase in power and size
significantly increases the batch size possible for
the apparatus. It is small enough to be moved on the
fitted casters yet sturdy enough to be considered as
production equipment. It is designed to work as
companion equipment with the Caleva 40 gear extruder
or Caleva 35 screen extruder.
The Spheronizer 500 is a robust, mobile medium
size production machine.
The front panel has all the main controls. The
spheronizer disc is driven by an AC motor with an
inverter. Disc speed is controlled by an analog
potentiometer with digital speed display in RPM.
There is also an optional PLC available
allowing up to 10 preset disc speeds. The machine
uses an electronic timer with push button controls or the PLC to
set spheronization time and product discharge. The
automatic mode allows user-defined processing times,
and an Manual/Auto changeover switch is provided to
allow the user to override the automatic timer
control, if necessary. The optional PLC controls
allows the user to set time points as well as set the
speed of the spheronizer at specific time points.
The spheronizer 500 is supplied with a
spheronizing disc with 6mm square pitch cross hatch
as standard. Other types of discs are available.
The operator is protected from all moving parts by
a safety interlocks and is designed in accordance with
- Designed for the production of smooth,
- A robust production machine small enough
for development work.
- Compact size that is easily transportable
- Convenient batch size from 1kg to
- Spheroid or pellet production can be
greater than 40kg per hour.
- A full range of options available including
fully automatic operation.
- Contact parts in 316 stainless steel,
Cabinet in 304 Stainless Steel.
- Suitable for the pharmaceutical
- Main seal area fitted with compressed air
inlet to minimize ingress of dust
- Quickly detachable main product discharge
- GMP design
- Special features to meet individual
- Fines Air system for dusty products. Designed
to eliminate dust falling between the disc and the
- Spheronizing disc with cross hatch sizes
according to your specific requirements.
- A radial groove disk for gentler processing of
your material where this is required.
- Anti-stick coating for drum and discs.
- Drum heating/cooling jacket to allow your
process to run at a controlled temperature. A
temperature controlled water recirculating system
is not included in the basic scope of supply, but
we can source this for you if necessary.
- A higher level of automation with PLC controls
is available. The level of automation can be made
to suit customer specific requirements.
- A data acquisition system is available with the
ability to monitor and record machine and product
parameters, such as product temperature and RPM
- Other solutions are available. Please give us a
call so that we can discuss your needs in greater
Copyright © 2008 AC Compacting LLC